Animal Protection Line

Animal Care


Wildlife Organizations

While the Alberta SPCA helps domestic animals and wildlife kept in captivity, we want to ensure all animals are treated humanely in our province. In order to help wildlife in distress, we’ve compiled some helpful information and contact details below.

Injured Wildlife

Unless a wild animal is in immediate danger, it is usually best to leave it alone. To get specific information, check the list below for the wildlife rehabilitation centre nearest you. For more information about dealing with injured wildlife, contact Alberta Fish and Wildlife. A complete list of offices and contact information can be found at www.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife-area-office-contacts.

Young Wildlife

That baby jackrabbit or fawn may not be orphaned, so it’s usually best to leave the animal where it is. Mother deer and hares often leave their young on their own so their scent doesn’t attract predator. If the young animal appears sick or injured, or if it is in an unsafe location, ask someone at a wildlife rehabilitation centre what to do.

To hear the latest from the Alberta SPCA, subscribe to our newsletter.

Don't miss new updates in your email
Animal Protection Line