Animal Protection Line

Animal Care

Lost & Found Animals

If you discover your pet missing, immediately search the neighbourhood. You should also contact your municipal or county animal service or bylaw department, and visit the pound in person at least every two days. You should also contact the veterinarians in your area, and, if possible, leave a poster with your animal’s photo and your telephone number.

Anywhere else, call your town or county hall and ask for the animal services or bylaw department.

You may also want to post a notice on the Internet. Two online services that include Canada are PetLynx and Petfinder.

Who to Call


Animal Care & Control 780-496-8860 or check the Lost Pets Page for photos of found pets.


Animal Services 403-268-1160 or check their Impounded Cats and Dogs page for information.

Red Deer

Call Alberta Animal Services at 403-347-2388 or visit their Lost or Found Pets Page.

Donate Now!

Help provide funding for our Animal Protection, Education & One Family Welfare programs

To hear the latest from the Alberta SPCA, subscribe to our newsletter.

Don't miss new updates in your email

New Year's

Help Animals Win Cash